Resources for Caregivers and Others Concerned about Memory Loss
These resources are the result of a recommendation in The Montana’s Alzheimer’s and Dementia State Plan—Addressing the Current and Future Need of Individuals and Families with Alzheimer’s
disease and Related Dementias.
You can either download the materials below or order a packet.
We went to ensure Montanans with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias and their family caregivers have access to Montana-specific about legal/financial alternatives. We want you to be able to execute appropriate legal documents for your circumstances. Click below on each step to download the materials within the packet:
- Step 1: Financial, Estate, and Health Care Planning Documents: Explore situations of three Montana couples who face memory loss.
- Step 2: Financial Legal Planning: Learn how to give another person authority to make financial decisions with a legal document known as a financial power of attorney.
- Step 3: Estate Planning Tools: Create a will and a letter of last instruction, and learn about financial, estate, and health care planning documents for Montanans.
- Step 4: Medicaid and Long-Term Care Costs: Learn about the eligibility requirements for Medicaid.
- Step 5: End-of-Life Planning: Learn about the Health Care Power of Attorney for Montanans and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
- Step 6: Montana Caregiver Act-AARP Montana: Learn about the Montana Caregiver Act: Tips for You
- Step 7: Alzheimer's Association-Montana Chapter: Read the Alzheimer's Association brochures on Legal Plans, Money Matters, and Dementia Conversation.
- Additional Resources: Learn about the wealth of information about Alzheimer’s from a variety of state and federal agencies/organizations.
Click below to order the Resources for Caregivers and Others Concerned about Memory Loss packet: